Entrepreneurship is the order of the day and everyone is take advantage of the new media revolution to cash in on the digital marketing space. This way, without hassles, products and services can be advertised for wider outreach, while bloggers can also drag ads to their blogs or websites.
The next dilemma is making the choice between google and bing for the ad space. Google surely has more popularity from over the years and has a majority of the digital marketing pie. However, Bing is gradually becoming a force to be reckoned with in the search engine online services war.
Several bloggers and online retailers have written thought pieces about the Superiority of Bing Ads over Google Adwords. Recent statistics have shown that Bing has grown to hold 20% of the search market share while google paid search clicks dropped by 11%.
Why go for Bing Ad?
The growth as mentioned above is by no mistake. Several innovations have set Bing Ad on this rising trend.
- It offers less competition. This is crucial for new users. No competition hassles since majority are still on google adwords. At same time, it offers cheaper Cost per click (CPC) compared to google.
- Better device targeting. Brings out features directed at individual devices. Sort of a personalisation.
- Better social extention
- Search demographics can be better controlled
- It doesn’t force close variants on you.
Even with these advantages, Bing is not resting on its oars as it brings new reporting features for better user experience regularly. I will be mentioning 3 of the major new reporting features:
- Performance metrics. Many users have multiple accounts and keeping tabs on progress made becomes a major issue. Performance metrics are new reporting features that help assess the performances of your accounts and compare performances between periods, as well as changes
- Data splitting: New reporting features allow you split your data and analyse them in segments. This way analysis of performance can be scaled down to a particular day of the week, or quarter of the month. The data can even be split based on the type of devices clickers used.
- Data presentation: Performance metrics can be a lot of data, formulas and so on. For faster assimilation data presentation features have been added. Now the data can be presented as linear graphs, charts and so on.
More and more users are beginning to recognise the user friendliness of Bing Ads and as long as the digital marketing space gets wider and more competitive, Bing Ads will continue to add more attractive reporting features.